Are spas difficult to maintain?
While there are a few things to learn, with a little training and ongoing advice from a reputable retailer it takes just a few minutes after use amd once a week to keep your spa clean and ready to use at any time. All you need to do is add water treatment products plus clean your filters.
Are spas expensive to run?
The cost to keep your spa heated and ready to use will depend on a number of factors including how often you use it, for how long, the size of the spa, the amount of insulation, where you live and the location in your home. In general a small spa will cost around $7-$10 a week to keep heated and a large spa $10-$15 a week. Extra large spas will cost more but with a heat pump this can actually be less. In summer if you choose to run the spa cold the running costs will be just $2-$3 a week. The cost to use your spa will again depend on the size and ambient temperature but will cost approximately $2-
$3 an hour to run the pumps and re-heat the water – less than a cup of coffee. The cost to treat the water can be from $250-$500 a year depending on usage and spa size. For something you can use all year round – hot or cold and with so many benefits it is no wonder why spas are so popular.
Are spas difficult to maintain and expensive to run.
What can I do to ensure low running costs?
If low running costs are important then you need to consider
• The layers of insulation – the more layers the better (they work like clothes in winter).
• The thickness of the layers – the thicker the foam, the lower your running costs will be.
• How well the base of the spa and the inside of the cabinet panels are insulated.
• How big a gap there is between the shell and the cabinet – a large gap allow heat to escape and cold air to enter.
• If the controller is a “smart controller” that monitors usage and adapts filtration and heating to minimise costs
• If the spa is smart meter ready – if your home has a smart meter, you can use off-peak power for heating and filtration.
• If the spa is fully heat pump ready – if so you can fit a heat pump and save up to 70% of heating costs.
Shop our range of spas here.