Swim spas can be delivered in a number of different ways
- Crane Truck: With varying reach, this method can be used to deliver spas over a fence or straight into position and is safe, easy and relatively cheap.
- Large Crane: While more expensive, this option will be required if the spa is bigger or needs to be delivered long distances such as over your house. Craning your spa into position is easiest but you may need to get a site inspection done if the ground is uneven, the distance is more than 20 metres, there are power cables above your home or the crane needs to be set up on a public road or space.
- Trolleys: In some cases swim spas can be trolleyed into position flat or on their side. This would only normally be done of a crane is not an option and you will need to arrange a site inspection first.
- By helicopter: If all else fails, but this is also subject to power lines and trees.
So you can discuss possible options with your spa retailer, please advise them…
- If using a crane, is the ground uneven and are there powerlines above?
- Are there branches in the way of the delivery path? If so you may need to trim them back.
Remember that if access is limited you may be able to deliver your swim spa via a park next door or through a neighbour’s property – but you should get written consent first. If you are not sure on the best method for your delivery, ask the retailer who will arrange the delivery and/or crane company to do a pre delivery inspection (and quote).